View Full Version : my Adobe Photoshop does not recognize the fonts ...

06-10-2003, 07:55 AM
I have installed 1034 fonts on my system. Is there any method to install more?
I have Adobe Photoshop 5.0, FrontPage XP. In Photoshop i receive the error: "Could not use the type tool because there are no fonts in the system...". In frontpage i have 4-5 fonts in the list:
Fixedsys,Courier,Helvetica etc.
Does the number of fonts installed affect the program are using fonts? Don't think i must delete some fonts, bcs after i restart my computer the fonts are there in the list and i can use them without any problem.

Thank you
P.S.: i have win98se installed

06-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Just go to your fonts directory, and click File->Install New Font to install more fonts.

The more fonts you have the slower your OS in this case Win98 SE, will run. If you have a pretty fast processor, and a bit of ram, then that will help.

I don't think that it is a photoshop error, as I have around 1900 fonts on my system, and it works perfectly fine. However, it may be also, but I haven't heard of it. Try contacting Adobe and report the issue to them, I am sure that they will help you solve the issue.

06-10-2003, 04:55 PM
thank you
but i don't think i will be able to install new fonts bcs last time a received an error message telling me that i can't install more.

06-10-2003, 05:41 PM
On a PC I've had this problem before -- Microsoft said that it recommends installing 500 fonts mredirectly into the system, and no more... the same issue seems to come up in my Macintosh, so I use the program Suitcase which lets me open and close as many fonts as I wish on the fly. I would recommend finding a program sucyh as this for PC.

06-11-2003, 09:38 AM