View Full Version : Help with JavaScript menus

madman_
12-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Hello, i am trying to implement JavaScript menus for my website. I've used a ready-made one from apycom.
The menu works fine, however the problem is that whenever i try to have more than one of the same menu, the second menu does not work.

I'm generally a PHP coder, and i'm not very useful when it comes to JavaScript, so please excuse me. I'll bring some code into this:

<div id="menu">
<ul class="menu" id="menu">

<li><a href="browse.php?id=44&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>" class="parent"><span>My Account</span></a>
<div><ul>
<!-- <li><a href="browse.php?id=84&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>"><span>Sign-In</span></a></li> -->
<li><span><input type="text" name="title"></span></li>
<li><a href="browse.php?id=85&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>"><span>Register</span></a></li>
<li><a href="browse.php?id=86&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>"><span>Upload</span></a></li>
</ul></div>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<div id="menu">
<ul class="menu" id="menu2">

<li><a href="browse.php?id=44&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>" class="parent"><span>My Account</span></a>
<div><ul>
<!-- <li><a href="browse.php?id=84&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>"><span>Sign-In</span></a></li> -->
<li><span><input type="text" name="title"></span></li>
<li><a href="browse.php?id=85&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>"><span>Register</span></a></li>
<li><a href="browse.php?id=86&<?php echo "sort=".$sort; ?>"><span>Upload</span></a></li>
</ul></div>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

You can ignore the hrefs, there for local use. I'm under the impression the identities of each menu is duplicated, but i'm not sure how to allow separation of identities. The second menu works, mouseover the menu comes up but the fade effect does not work.
Can someone please help?
Thank you.

jmrker
12-31-2010, 12:29 AM
You cannot have duplicate ID values.

It would be like calling a set of twins "Sam".
Neither would know when to answer!

madman_
12-31-2010, 12:33 AM
If i change the div's id value, the menu no longer works at all. I can't find any occurrences in the JS files of the id "menu".

I'm not sure what to change to read a "menu2" div.

Old Pedant
12-31-2010, 01:21 AM
We can't fix it without seeing the JS code that refers to "menu".

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum