View Full Version : Why does my show/hide work on edit but not display?

bagekko
06-09-2003, 07:35 PM
The date box will appear when select is yes, but will not display on the saved form, why? FYI - I can not use script in the head only body, cause app that imports the form will strip it out.

<td height="0" bgcolor="#bbccdd" width="247">
<div align="left">
<select name="legalnotified" onChange="if(this.value=='Yes'){LegalNot.style.visibility='';}else{LegalNot.style.visibility='hidden';}">
<option value="Yes">Yes</option>
<option value="No" selected>No</option>
</select>
<span align="left" id="LegalNot" style="visibility:hidden"> <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">&nbspDate:
<input type=text name="c_legaldate" size=11 maxlength=10 onChange="aT(this)">
</font> </span> </div>
</td>

Thanks

arnyinc
06-09-2003, 08:23 PM
"but will not display on the saved form"

I don't understand what that means. The code you posted either shows or hides the date box depending on whether the dropdown says yes or no, respectively. Where is your error?

bagekko
06-09-2003, 08:41 PM
The code is from a custom html form imported into Lotus Quickplace, and when the form is submitted/saved the diplayed version will not show the box unhidden by selecting "yes".

bagekko
06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Anyone got a clue on why the hide/show element doesnt diplay on saved form??

Thanks

chrismiceli
06-10-2003, 07:12 PM
so let me get this straight, after a user submits the for (document.formname.submit()), the functionality of your dropdown is useless?

bagekko
06-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Basically, except the submit function is Lotus defined, another piece of info is that upon editing a saved form, the unhidden fields will not show even if yes was previously saved. A form reload would have to be done in the header in that case? I am not sure if there is a solution to either problem, not being able to write script in the <head> sucks...

Thanks

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum