View Full Version : TODAY! Need help- fetch, parse RSS put into MySQLDB

12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
1) Project Details: (be as specific as possible):
Years ago, with the help of a friend, I created a script to go and fetch the info from 100 pages (html pages usually), put it into a database and then with simple PHP it displays the info from the database.
I took on a project to parse six or seven RSS feeds for info post it to a DB and...well with RSS feeds being uniform this should be sooo much easier.
I have spent two days messing it up and have confused myself into a corner I can't get out of.

2) Payment Amount: Let me know

3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?):
Paypal, once I get paid I'll pass the money along. Should be quick and very reasonable
4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders):
I need this done today.
I have been coming to these boards for a lllllong time and many usernames stand out to me as exceptional coders. I welcome you guys but anyone else is welcome too.

I am aware that someone could be saying "duh, it's a semicolon you're missing" but I gotta get this done.
The "trip" of it is, I totally commented the page like crazy years ago...I need fresh eyes.
Going in the shower and will have to do some shopping this afternoon. Looking to hand this out ASAP

12-27-2010, 06:12 AM
I can definitely help you out with this. Please email me at me@slappyjaw.com. Thanks!