View Full Version : Obtain a variable and use it

12-21-2010, 10:07 PM

I'm looking for some guidance for the following problem.

I want to submit a form but it requires a code that is generated by every session (not the php session type). What i'm looking for is for a piece of code that fetch the session code and set it as a variable that can be called in JS.

I know that exists in PHP the cURL that it's able to retrieve the code and set it but i don't know how to start...

rnd me
12-21-2010, 10:32 PM
use ajax to fetch the url that contains the code.
then, search the response using regexp or dom methods.

for example, i recently moved an old-school form to an ajax form, but needed a dynamic id to prevent the submitted form from being rejected.

ajax callback snip to update hard-coded form with remote value:

document.getElementsByName("XID")[0].value=x.responseText.match(/name="XID" value="([\w]+)"/)[1];

in that case, i was matching an input on the remote "real" page that was coded like:

<input type="hidden" name="XID" value="f2090eeb9ccccfb00714e2d377ff5a7d4127b618" />

01-21-2011, 12:52 PM

I understand the concept of ajax but my programming skills are 0 in the matter.

Is it possible for you to provide a more complete example in how should i implement it.

Thanks for your time

rnd me
01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
post the code you are using and i'll see if i can make it work.

01-22-2011, 01:01 AM

The site is something like the example below

What i want is to obtain the value from the page and set it as a variable in my page
<input name="code" type="hidden" id="code" value="1b3f3988e4f45ac005f9e3951d0335f9" />

Using the snip you provided will be
document.getElementsByName("code")[0].value=x.responseText.match(/name="code" value="([\w]+)"/)[1];

If you can help me out i think i need more info about the first 2 steps you mention in your previous post

Thanks for all the help

01-24-2011, 01:37 PM

If you can help me out i think i need more info about the first 2 steps you mention in your previous post

In how to make the request in ajax, obtain the html tag and retrieve to my page...