View Full Version : Problem with zip script

07-16-2002, 06:58 PM
well, I was the one who asked the question about zipping files online. well I cant make the codes work because my editor recognizes the PHP differently. I use HTML-Kit, which allows PHP, but when there is a "->" in the script, it recognizes that as the end of the script instead of the usual <?php ?>. If anyone knows why it does this or knows a subsitute for "->" then that would be greatly appreciative ^_^.

07-17-2002, 01:25 AM
lol - never used HTML kit but I would assume that there must be a `preferences` thing somewhere where you can change that setting, else you will never be able to use classes or objects in your PHP ? if not I would grab another editor?

07-17-2002, 01:26 AM
If the worst comes to the worst you could always just resort to notepad...

I'm not really sure how your editor is stopping you from writing the script properly... I mean, mine sometimes thinks it recognises things, and does incorrect syntactical highlighting, but it doesn't stop me from writing ?> if I want to..

If you're having to write code around your editor then it's time you changed editors!

Personally speaking, I use UltraEdit 32, it's fantastic, I really like it.
It does good highlighting if you want it for HTML, C/C++, Perl, PHP etc. etc. and it's a fabulous hexeditor too, as well as having all sorts of useful features like being able to compare two files side by side...