View Full Version : How to make half a <br> (text only)

kamla
12-17-2010, 08:30 PM
prise2admin asked same in 2-15-05. (Resolve was padding between tables.) I need resolve between text paragraphs. (Solutions in his string did not work.)

Excavator
12-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Hello kamla,
the <br /> is for a line break in text, not for making space between paragraphs. You would adjust the margin on your p tag for that.

teedoff
12-17-2010, 08:52 PM
And I will add, if you want to put some space between only the first and second paragraphs but not the others, then you will need to assign a class to the paragraph you're styling.

<p class="someName">

Rowsdower!
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
And I will add, if you want to put some space between only the first and second paragraphs but not the others, then you will need to assign a class to the paragraph you're styling.

<p class="someName">

Or in your specific example you could use p:first-child{margin-bottom:6px;} (or whatever) to set the bottom margin for the first paragraph to be different from the rest... :thumbsup:

Sorry, I'm bored and there aren't many new threads to respond to. :D

teedoff
12-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Or in your specific example you could use p:first-child{margin-bottom:6px;} (or whatever) to set the bottom margin for the first paragraph to be different from the rest... :thumbsup:

Sorry, I'm bored and there aren't many new threads to respond to. :D

lol me too and this site has seemed dead the last couple of days...everyone must be Christmas shopping instead of posting coding issues! hahaha

Rowsdower!
12-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes. Either that or we have finally answered every possible question. :eek:

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum