var popunder="URL GOES HERE"
function loadpopunder(){
win2=window.open(popunder)
win2.blur()
window.focus()
}
loadpopunder()
</script>

and making it so that I can set it so it only pops up one time and then will not pop up again until after a certain time period. Also, is there a way to make it so it can avoid pop up blockers?

Thank you!

Philip M
12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone:

I need help taking this pop under script:

<script language="JavaScript">
var popunder="URL GOES HERE"
function loadpopunder(){
win2=window.open(popunder)
win2.blur()
window.focus()
}
loadpopunder()
</script>

and making it so that I can set it so it only pops up one time and then will not pop up again until after a certain time period. Also, is there a way to make it so it can avoid pop up blockers?

Thank you!

If the "certain time period" extends beyond a browser session then you will need a cookie. Cookies have been covered very extensively in this forum.

No, if it was possible to circumvent pop-up blockers then the pop-up blockers would be useless, no? Thankfully all modern browsers block unrequested pop-ups. You can detect that your code is very old - <script language="JavaScript"> is long obsolete and deprecated.

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

bsl1964
12-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Do you have a more up to date code that will do what I want?

Philip M
12-11-2010, 03:07 PM
As I say, all modern browsers will block unrequested pop-ups/pop-unders. The code is old because it was written in the days before that applied. It is of no use today. So you need to re-think your idea. You can of course have a pop-up which appears when requested by the user.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum