View Full Version : Please review my website, thanks

goldpeng
12-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi, my website is a free pdf search engine coded by myself, please have a rate on it, thanks.

http://www.pdfgemi.com (http://www.codingforums.com)

phpdeveloper
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Your concept is good also your site is very help full to everybody which is find PDF.

adarshakb
12-10-2010, 05:25 PM
nice website.... UI is clean.... just an idea:take out the text in the front page and move it somewhere else.. make a page like google homepage... just search box with logo and small text with links :D

Apostropartheid
12-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Am I the only one seeing the link going to the CF homepage or has Spooks been messing about with people's posts again?

bazz
12-11-2010, 07:37 AM
nope, I had to enter the url to my browser to see it. I wouldn't do it again ;)

we have an expression here: "it's as much use as an ar5e full of boiled snow". just my opinion of course but when we (might), consider loads of Search engine results being crud, I wonder how this would 'drill' down to relevant (and recent) pdf's.

adarshakb
12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Nice :) you did implement my idea.. now it looks a LOT cleaner. I am getting relavent results for easy keywords and I got a VERY good php book also Ty:)

1 more thing i noticed is you go to the server to fetch results for the dropdown menu every time... you might consider remembering them in JS and then only going to server when user changes things you havent got or dont have any sugessions..
like now

it refreshe for both 'ph' and 'php'

JSJobs.us
12-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Am I the only one seeing the link going to the CF homepage or has Spooks been messing about with people's posts again?

Happened to me too. I had to copy and past to be able to see the site. But why?

cineweekly.com
12-26-2010, 05:58 AM
I would lose the Google clone logo design, capitalize the "d" and "f" in PDF and what exactly is the other word? Jimmy? Jeemy? "Gimme" some candy? I was actually a little afraid to dig any further because of the concerns over the link. Not sure if a mod blocked it or something but when that's cleared up I'll look into it more.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum