View Full Version : phpMyAdmin: Error 1045

Happydaze
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi there,

A group of us have been having some issues when trying to access phpMyAdmin. Even though the password and username are correct we're getting the following message:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'oblivionex'@'72.167.233.37' (using password: YES)

We've looked up the issue and it seemed as though we needed to do some coding in MySQL to fix the issue. HOWEVER, whenever we try this, we are also getting a syntax error. So we're basically stuck. We're all very unexperienced with this and don't really have much of a grasp on it. If you could simplify your response so that it's easy for us to understand, that'd be great.

Thank you!

Lamped
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
If the login details are correct, is 72.167.233.37 in the allowed access hosts?

Happydaze
12-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Well, I'm not sure where we'd be able to check. But all of the people working on the site have attempted to use phpMyAdmin, including the person who purchased the site (oblivionex). None of us could log in.

I have another question, too. After doing some research involving this problem, I've come across multiple "solutions" that people have discussed. However, they just post what look like codes, and say to "log into MySQL" or some other program that they don't reveal the name of, and "edit config.inc.php". What is config.inc.php and where would I find it? What MySQL client do people use, MySQL Query Browser? Attempting to log into MySQL Query Browser gives me Error 1045 too.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum