View Full Version : Input button to text link

mtdon1
11-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Hi all,

I am working with a php code that I am trying to edit a bit. The last part I am trying to change I cannot figure out.

Essentially I want to change the "Login" submit button to just a text link that says "Login" instead.

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php', true, $params->get('usesecure')); ?>" method="post" name="login" id="form-login" >
<?php echo $params->get('pretext'); ?>

<input id="modlgn_username" type="text" name="username" class="inputbox" alt="username" size="15" value="<?php echo JText::_('Username') ?>" onclick="login.username.value='';" />&nbsp;
<input id="modlgn_passwd" type="password" name="passwd" class="inputbox" size="15" alt="password" value="<?php echo JText::_('Password') ?>" onclick="login.passwd.value='';" />&nbsp;

<?php if(JPluginHelper::isEnabled('system', 'remember')) : ?>

<label for="modlgn_remember"><?php echo JText::_('Remember me') ?></label>
<input id="modlgn_remember" type="checkbox" name="remember" class="inputbox" value="yes" alt="Remember Me" />&nbsp;

<?php endif; ?>
<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('LOGIN') ?>" />&nbsp;

<?php

I am hoping this is just a minor change. Would someone mind showing me what I have to do?

Thanks very much.

poyzn
11-22-2010, 05:40 AM
<a href="#" onclick="this.form.submit();">Login</a>

durangod
11-22-2010, 12:20 PM
only my preference i prefer to show a dead link on something like that..

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="this.form.submit();">Login</a>

mtdon1
11-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks guys.

Do I just replace the entire line of code that I bolded with your code?

I tried doing that and it stopped working. Do I need to place your code somewhere inside the bolded code?

Thanks.

mtdon1
11-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey guys -

Any help here? Maybe I need to change the "this.form.submit" part of it?

Thanks.

poyzn
11-25-2010, 06:42 PM
just replace the bolded code with it. by the way where is the closing form tag?

mtdon1
11-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Something seems to be missing, because when I simply replace the bolded code above with one of the two suggestions, I cannot login anymore.

Here is the full code:

<form action="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php', true, $params->get('usesecure')); ?>" method="post" name="login" id="form-login" >
<?php echo $params->get('pretext'); ?>

<input id="modlgn_username" type="text" name="username" class="inputbox" alt="username" size="15" value="<?php echo JText::_('Username') ?>" onclick="login.username.value='';" />&nbsp;
<input id="modlgn_passwd" type="password" name="passwd" class="inputbox" size="15" alt="password" value="<?php echo JText::_('Password') ?>" onclick="login.passwd.value='';" />&nbsp;

<?php if(JPluginHelper::isEnabled('system', 'remember')) : ?>

<label for="modlgn_remember"><?php echo JText::_('Remember me') ?></label>
<input id="modlgn_remember" type="checkbox" name="remember" class="inputbox" value="yes" alt="Remember Me" />&nbsp;

<?php endif; ?>
<a href="#" onclick="this.form.submit();">Login</a>&nbsp;

<?php
$usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>">
Register</a>

<?php endif; ?>

&nbsp;<a href="www.google.com">Help</a>

<?php echo $params->get('posttext'); ?>

<input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_user" />
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="login" />
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo $return; ?>" />
<?php echo JHTML::_( 'form.token' ); ?>
</form>

Fou-Lu
11-26-2010, 06:57 PM
This doesn't have anything to do with php. Moving from PHP forum to Javascript forum.

mtdon1
11-27-2010, 01:42 AM
I apologize, I didn't realize. Thanks for moving.

Any help guys?

Thanks!

Logic Ali
11-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Something seems to be missing, because when I simply replace the bolded code above with one of the two suggestions, I cannot login anymore.

<a href="#" onclick="this.form.submit();">Login</a>
You should use the error console. A link is not a form element so this cannot be used to reference the form.

<a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('form-login').submit();">Login</a>

Although you must realise that this is inoperable if JS is not available.

You could submit with an image-type element:

<input type='image' src='An_Image_That_Looks_Like_A_Link.gif'>

mtdon1
11-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Perfect. It works. I knew I must need to include the form ID somehow.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

mtdon1
12-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Hey guys -

I need a little more help with this one. I forgot about the "Logout" button too! It seems to be a bit different from the login section, that's why I am asking. Again, I would like this to be a text link, not a button.

<div id="jtphorzlogin">
<?php if($type == 'logout') : ?>
<form action="index.php" method="post" name="login" id="form-login">
<?php if ($params->get('greeting')) : ?>

<?php if ($params->get('name')) : {
echo JText::sprintf( 'HINAME', $user->get('name') );
} else : {
echo JText::sprintf( 'HINAME', $user->get('username') );
} endif; ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_( 'BUTTON_LOGOUT'); ?>" />

<input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_user" />
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="logout" />
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo $return; ?>" />
</form>

Thank you!

mtdon1
12-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Any ideas here?

Thanks!

Old Pedant
12-08-2010, 12:39 AM
??? How is this any different???

<a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('form-logout').submit();">Logout</a>

Assuming you have <form id="form-logout"> of course.

mtdon1
12-08-2010, 03:21 AM
This doesn't seem to work. I also have lost the ability to just hit "Enter" and have the login submitted.

I have to actually click on the link.

mtdon1
12-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Hey guys -

I still need some help here. I have been playing around with it but I can't seem to find a "logout" form id, which is why I am lost and why I think this logout code will be a bit different from the login code.

Any ideas?

mtdon1
12-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Fixed the link.

Does anyone know how I can add a submit via the enter key with a text link like this?

Thanks.

DJCMBear
12-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Add the code in the link onclick to an onsubmit element on the form tag so like this.

onclick="this.form.submit();"

Add it to this

<form onsubmit="this.form.submit();">

mtdon1
12-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks DJCM. Can you be a bit more specific though. Where am I adding which part of the code?

I thought I needed to use some variation of onkeypress?

Thanks!

DJCMBear
12-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Sorry I thought you may know what you are editing, basicly where ever you added your link to login which has the JavaScript code in the onclick you just need to add an on submit element to the login form tag like in my previous post.

The same goes for the logout, I would also suggest having noscript tags around a form submit button for users that don't have JavaScript turned on, not many people turn it off but it's better to be safe than sorry.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum