View Full Version : I need a joomla question answered, quickly

boogily
11-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Error message

Warning: require_once(\web\customer-home\N\mydomain\Joomla\administrator\components\com_jce\install.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\web\customer-home\N\mydomain\Joomla\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 291

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '\web\customer-home\N\mydomain\Joomla\administrator\components\com_jce\install.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in \\web\customer-home\N\mydomain\Joomla\libraries\joomla\installer\adapters\component.php on line 291

My situation. I had to manually install without cPanel Joomla on this Windows hosted site. So I unzipped and hard coded the config.php and removed the installation folder. I made the hosting company make all folders for joomla read, write and execute for owner and group permissions. (CHMOD 755 I believe). The admin panel worked with no errors, even after changing global config. I then installed a template. Worked fine. Then, I tried to install JCE. Thats when I got the error. I have tried the Joomla forums with no luck

Please help!

mlseim
11-19-2010, 04:26 PM
As you see, this file: com_jce\install.php is missing.

Did you go into the com_jce directory and see if it's there?
Or why it's not there? Maybe you deleted it accidently, or didn't upload it.

boogily
11-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Yep, its there

boogily
11-19-2010, 11:36 PM
I believe it may be a permissions problem. The newly created folders and files may not be permission ready. Awaiting hosting company's tech support.

mlseim
11-20-2010, 02:30 AM
You can do that yourself, using an FTP program (like Filezilla).

georgerogers
01-26-2011, 09:57 AM
You need to make sure certain folders are set to 777 I know this isn't an ideal solution if you are on a shared server but if you want to install stuff it has to be done.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum