View Full Version : Image Protecting

06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
does somebody know how I can prevent people from downloading images from my website???

thx J.

06-02-2003, 04:55 PM
If you want the images to appear on your website, nope. The only way I know of for protecting is to use flash/java wrappers for the images, but it doesn't protect from [prn scr].

06-02-2003, 06:03 PM
you can get flash crackers to break the passwords and grab the contents

06-02-2003, 06:12 PM
you can also just run an SWF decompiler and you have alle pix ind that swf file

06-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Yes, but you might have a flash that pulls the image out of the server, and let the server block access to that image through other means than the flash file itself.

But of course, you can't do this 100% secure in any way - you can only do it more or less hard.

06-02-2003, 06:54 PM
the guy may even take a screenshot :s

06-02-2003, 07:34 PM
As I mentioned, that's one thing you can never protect from, at least not if you want the image to be displayable in all browsers. There are tricks you can use on jpeg format images (making them invalid in the process) that disrupts the image when you take a screenshot in windows, and other tricks that allows you to create images that won't be renderable if you don't resize them to a certain size (only works in ie); but for the general case, if it's to display on the client computer, it's going to have to be sent to the client in a way that demands it to be fully functional on the client side. This means that you can always copy it somehow, unless it's animated. Animation may pose a problem, but still, it's not impossible to copy this either, just trickier.

Roy Sinclair
06-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Web fact:

If you put it on the web, it can be copied. The best you can do is make it slightly harder to copy.

See this similar topic: http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4437