View Full Version : MM_effectAppearFade Problem

bigblondehead
11-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Can anyone tell me why the fade is not working here? When I test it locally on my computer it's perfect, then I post it online, and the fade is totally jerky and doesn't work correctly. I want each thumbnail to change the upper jpeg accordingly, with a 1000ms fade in. Usually it just fades in on the same jpg, then swaps to the new one, rather than fading into the new one. The link to the page is below. Thanks a lot!

http://www.annaleithauser.com/rosemariehowe/country.html

bigblondehead
11-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I guess the code is just a little sloppy, but it looks as if the image quickly swaps before the fade, so it gives a herky jerky appearance.

teedoff
11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
I guess the code is just a little sloppy, but it looks as if the image quickly swaps before the fade, so it gives a herky jerky appearance.

Yes thats how it looke to me too. The image changes BEFORE the fade effect. Did you get this image gallery precoded? or did you code it yourself?

I have used galleries such as this before, but I know nothing about jquery, so I get ones already coded. Dynamicdrive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)is a great place to get them.

Sorry I cant be of more help with this issue, but someone here will I know.

bigblondehead
11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I coded it myself. Would switching the order of the scripts do anything? I tried a little, but it didn't seem to work.
Thanks a lot for the reply!

teedoff
11-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I coded it myself.

wow, well nice job then coding all that yourself. I couldnt begin to do that! lol

Again, I know very little about js or jquery, so I couldnt comment on the order of the scripts. Seems odd that the image changes before the fade effect, so yes the order of those two pieces of code may have something to do with it. Why not browse around that link I gave you. They have several gallery scripts very similar to yours. It may give you some tips or hints as to what needs to be done. Sorry again Im not more help.

Chris Hick
11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Honestly, this doesn't not appear to be a HTML or CSS error. I suggest reposting this in the Javascript Framwork subcategory under the Javascript Category, or perhaps you can get an admin to move it. Good job though.:thumbsup:

Miss me Teed? ;)

teedoff
11-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Honestly, this doesn't not appear to be a HTML or CSS error. I suggest reposting this in the Javascript Framwork subcategory under the Javascript Category, or perhaps you can get an admin to move it. Good job though.:thumbsup:

Miss me Teed? ;)

hahaha...well good to see you back

SB65
11-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Unless I'm going blind, there's no jQuery in this, and hence it should be in the Javascript forum, not the Javascript Framework forum.

Chris Hick
11-18-2010, 04:39 PM
;) No sense in insulting me, SB65. I stand corrected. :thumbsup:

bigblondehead
11-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I've posted it over in the javascript area.

teedoff
11-18-2010, 04:43 PM
lol I think I'm the one that said jquery in a post. Sorry for the confusion.

SB65
11-18-2010, 04:46 PM
;) No sense in insulting me, SB65. I stand corrected. :thumbsup:

Ummm, didn't think I was insulting you?

Chris Hick
11-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Eh, it may have just been the way I took it, SB65. No sweat ^_^

DrDOS
11-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm going to take a good looks at this one. I already see one major problem, the opacity doesn't include the 'filter' css code required for older versions of IE, but the fade effect isn't working as fade one out/fade the other in, and there is a little 'flashy' moment which is not pleasant.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum