View Full Version : Changing font in iFrame

11-17-2010, 01:44 AM
Okay so I'm trying to get my website to read this text document using iframes, which is working well except that the font is annoyingly notepad-esque (I don't know the exact font name, but one can tell that it is a text document rather than word). I'd prefer it if I was able to view the document in a different font. Is there any way to do this with iframes?
Basic code (ignoring all other aspects) so far:

<iframe ref="comments.txt"></iframe>

Where comments.txt is the text file I'm trying to get on the webpage. I can't just write the info on the webpage because the whole point of this is to have a document without html coding on it that can be edited which the website will then take as an update. This will make life a lot easier for those people who will be updating the site and are not familiar with html coding.
I hope that explains the problem...

11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Because the file is a ".txt" file there will be no way of defining fonts in it. There is no DOM in a plain text file so nothing for the browser to "get hold of".

You could try loading the file into a variable, prepend and append the appropriate html code to it and add in some font code, then make the source of the iframe equal to the content of the variable.