View Full Version : Search & Display Sql database table information

11-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Im extremly new to Php and Mysql. Im wondering if anyone can help me out with somthing.

Id like to be able to create a search button. Where a user can search a member on my website and it display there details.

E.g in my table ''members'' id like for when someone searchs a member it to display somthing like.

Ive got the rows already set Username, Age & Location. With the fields filled in.

Thank you.

11-16-2010, 08:01 AM
So you're curious about what, the PHP? The MySQL? What do you have so far?

11-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Its difficult to explain but its basically for an online game, Ive got the database already setup in mysql. So example the database = ''database'' Table i want to search is ''members'' and the rows will be ''username'' ''age'' ''location'' for example.

So basically i want to have a search button where somebody can search a certain username and it grab the username, age, location data from the rows and display it on webpage. If that makes any sense?

11-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Yah, but I'm asking what you have so far... are you just curious of the overall how to do it? I mean, I'm not about to simply build you a search engine :p

11-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Hm, Well so far i followed tutorials on how to create a register & login page, Then a further email activation page.

At the moment i simply have the design for the page and a search button :/

Like i saw im extremly new to this, I start an Open university course in Feb 2011 in computer mathmatics and data computing, Hoping to do Java programming, My next 3 courses are Beginners course in Java & Some visual basic. Working towards a diploma :) My aim is to create a simple 2d game, So untill then im trying to pick up what i can along the way. Thanks for your replys also Keleth :) Im maybe looking for a little to much but im just trying to learn from people who already know this stuff.