View Full Version : wordpress is kicking my a**

11-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Heres a briefing I made a layout in xhtml/css its fully coded I recently been messing with wordpress here and there trying to figure out stuff..I got a basic understanding of how it works and how to convert a layout into a theme but I'm not familiar with PHP at all and its holding me back from getting my site launched. So now I'm at this part in the process but I dont understand how to code the "loop" my posts and "content" div. every time I try entering a php code it messes up the styles specificlly the "get_content" does anyone know a website thats focus is in explaining this whole process? All I know is I'm gonna be really good at wordpress after all this is over

11-15-2010, 02:43 PM
start with this http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-build-a-custom-wordpress-theme-from-scratch

11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
thanks I'll give it a shot..I'm optimistic though cause I've tried nettuts premium and the only way you could understand their tutorials is if you already know what their trying to teach

11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
I hope this is help full to you create custom wordpress theme

Also look at below URL this is basic inbuilt wordpress function it is very help full to develop theme or customize theme.