View Full Version : Best way to have content within a box??

andynov123
11-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Hi
I want to have all my content in a box positioned just like www.gamespot.com homepage has.
Whats the best way of approaching this and also have content in smaller boxes within the box just like gamespot??????

teedoff
11-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Why dont you just make a list with everything you want and then post it all here so everyone else can code your pages for you. That way you dont have to learn...lol

andynov123
11-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Having a layout like gamespot is what I want so how would I do this??
This is me learning and that is what the purpose of a forum is sooooooo.....yea.
lol

Chris Hick
11-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Andynov.. not quite.. The purpose of this forum is for us to help you after you have tried to create the script yourself. Let me get you started. I can't see the page right now but from what you are saying.. the best thing for you is probably a xhtml table.. you can create tables within a table..

teedoff
11-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Having a layout like gamespot is what I want so how would I do this??
This is me learning and that is what the purpose of a forum is sooooooo.....yea.
lol

Then come off some cash to hire a professional...lol...or do some learning on your own. That is not what a forum is for. As the last poster said, we're here to help ppl with issues, not create code for them.

digitalclubb
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
the best thing for you is probably a xhtml table.. you can create tables within a table..

Hmm or avoid tables - tables are for tabular data..

Think of a box as a div, so your box within a box would look like this:

<div class="container">

<div>

<h1>Headline</h1>
<p>Paragraph</p>
</div>
</div>

It sounds like you need to read up on the topics of HTML and CSS first - I would check a learning resource like the W3Schools (http://www.w3schools.com/) site

teedoff
11-05-2010, 04:41 PM
It sounds like you need to read up on the topics of HTML and CSS first - I would check a learning resource like the W3Schools site

I've suggested this in several of his posts. I think he's more interested in other ppl doing his work/homework for him.

digitalclubb
11-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I can build you an awesome site like this for your homework:

http://industrialpainter.com/

You need sound to appreciate it fully ;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum