View Full Version : Microsoft cell phone.

digitalmaniac
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
On Oct. 11 Microsoft unvield thier new cell phone they invented. I was wondering if anyone is planning on getting one, and what you think will happen with it.

Heres a link http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2010/oct10/10-11mswp7pr.mspx

I seriously think that this is going to wind up being just one rpic failure, I mean they can't even keep a PC even half-aed secure, muchless a celluar phone.

Someone should make a phone linux capable, that would work good....

primefalcon
10-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I advice anyone based on Microsoft history if you do want it, wait a week before you buy it... remember the kin?

Apostropartheid
10-29-2010, 08:30 PM
On Oct. 11 Microsoft unvield thier new cell phone they invented. I was wondering if anyone is planning on getting one, and what you think will happen with it.

Heres a link http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2010/oct10/10-11mswp7pr.mspx

I seriously think that this is going to wind up being just one rpic failure, I mean they can't even keep a PC even half-aed secure, muchless a celluar phone.

Someone should make a phone linux capable, that would work good....

Windows Phone is made by the same people who did the Zune.

What do you think Android, Maemo and Meego are? ;)

digitalmaniac
10-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I advice anyone based on Microsoft history if you do want it, wait a week before you buy it... remember the kin?

What do you mean wait a week. I also wait a year or two before I even think about upgrading.

primefalcon
10-31-2010, 04:01 PM
What do you mean wait a week. I also wait a year or two before I even think about upgrading.
Kin was killed after about a week, too bad if you actually bought the thing support wise

oracleguy
11-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Kin was killed after about a week, too bad if you actually bought the thing support wise
More like 6 weeks but yeah.

digitalmaniac
11-02-2010, 10:30 PM

Support Microsoft never. No im just kidding, I might actually get me a Windows phone 7 or whatever they call it. I didn't know they had already attempted something similair, too bad to hear it as my carrier is Verizon.

Stonera P
11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Microsoft cell phone?

elitis
11-13-2010, 03:00 AM
I knew sooner or later microsoft would attempt something like this

Apostropartheid
11-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I knew sooner or later microsoft would attempt something like this

...You mean like Windows Mobile?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum