View Full Version : What to do if page design is not your gift?

10-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I m old way programmer so web page was long time on the end of my prioryti list. Last month or so I m working on my new page http://www.sres.si. I first tried to become pro designer in few days :D but my first web page design was desperate. Fortunately I found on web that out there are also tools to generate page design and you only need to do programming work. That was my breakthrough.
Sure I want your opinion about using design generator and about how I managed with my page?

11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
If you want to learn html then there are many sites designed for learning. If you dont care to learn then using a CMS like wordpress or joomla with predesigned templates are a great way to create your own website. Also with CMS you can manage and change your site somewhat to suit your needs.

If you are a programmer, then learning html shouldnt be that hard at all. CSS is a little more tricky, but with a programmer's mindset, you shouldn't have a problem there either.

11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
True, I dont have problem with HTML and CSS, I have problem with design, with colors and graphics, not with coding. Because of that I was so upset after I find disign generator.

11-05-2010, 08:56 PM
There are many websites which offer free web design templates. I usually pick one from there when I need a new design. Search for "free website templates" and you will find hundreds of them.