View Full Version : Shopping Cart in CSS, HTML, and JS.

digitalmaniac
10-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Is there a way to make a secure shopping cart without using any PHP? All I know how to do is basic CSS, Javascript, and HTML. I was wanting to create a small shopping cart for a bands website, inwhich people can pay then download a track. Is this possible at all?

DrDOS
10-29-2010, 12:46 AM
The short answer, no! The long answer, everything that is client side is accessible, so it isn't secure. Furthermore you have no way to store the user entries without a server side language. There are lot of good shopping cart software kits already made up, that may be a better way to go for you.

teedoff
10-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Try Mals (http://www.mals-e.com/)canned shopping cart. It's free and works very well.

shashank9588
10-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Try out the HTML method of Paypal. It my solve your problem to an extent, but not 100%.

digitalmaniac
10-29-2010, 03:10 PM
I was using the HTML method of paypal, and probably still keep using it until I get more familair with server-side languages. I appreciate to help, and will look at a few shopping cart programs.

teedoff
10-29-2010, 03:18 PM
You really dont have to know anything about server-side scripts to use something like mals shopping cart. It utilizes a standard form and if I remember correctly provides the code, or at least walsk you through creating the code, to add the cart and buttons and whatever else you would need.

Good luck.

digitalmaniac
10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Ok, im going to look into that thanks alot.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum