url: website.co.uk/user/tom

User: emma
url: website.co.uk/user/emma

is it possible to do this with only one login page

Many Thanks
Tom

teedoff
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
How will you compare users to non users? You would need a database for this. Not sure you can do it all with one page though.

tmrtom
10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I have a html script which allows multi users to login, but it only takes them to the 1 page, is it possible to make one that when users login it takes them to there own webpage?

DrDOS
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
To do this with any kind of security at all you need some kind of server side software, such as PHP. If security is not a problem and you just have a few trusted users you can just use an HTML dropdown menu to select the user's pages. There's also a question of scale, are you talking 20 users, or 20,000? One simple way to do it is have a folder for each user name and an index.php in each folder.

getbestproduct
10-26-2010, 02:57 AM
You should use other language like php,asp,aspx to do this job.

tmrtom
10-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Hi DrDOS,

I am only taking about 10 users max, yes I think a folder for each user is a good idea, do you know any kind of html code to stop a user visiting a page of there own area without going through the login page.

EG: say I have a user called Tom, and his main page is www.website.com/user/tom/index.html

and his page linked to that is, www.website.com/user/tom/infoaboutyou.html

is there anyway of stoping the user going to that page without going through the login page first?

Many Thanks
Tom

DrDOS
10-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Hi DrDOS,

I am only taking about 10 users max, yes I think a folder for each user is a good idea, do you know any kind of html code to stop a user visiting a page of there own area without going through the login page.

EG: say I have a user called Tom, and his main page is www.website.com/user/tom/index.html

and his page linked to that is, www.website.com/user/tom/infoaboutyou.html

is there anyway of stoping the user going to that page without going through the login page first?

Many Thanks
TomThere is at least one way that I can think of, it's using the often overlooked window.name attribute. You can set the user's page to automatically close or history.back if it doesn't have the proper window.name, which in this case would come from the home page when the user signs in. I've actually tested this and it works.

tmrtom
10-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi DorDos,

Please could you send me the code for that?

Many Thanks
Tom

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum