View Full Version : Form not posting any data

Gardy
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey all,

I have a form where i need to upload 2 files. If I only select one file then the form works fine, but if I select a file in both boxes then no data is posted. Below is the code that I am using, any help here would be very much appciated.

Thanks,

<form action="" method="post" name="client-balances-selection" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<div id="current-balances">
<h3>Current client balances</h3>
<input type="file" name="[file]current_balances" class="file_upload" />
</div>
<div id="past-balances">
<h3>Past client balances</h3>
<input type="file" name="[file]past_balances" class="file_upload" />
</div>
<input type="submit" name="action" class="button-primary" value="<?php _e('Compare'); ?>" />
<input type="submit" name="action" class="button-delete" value="<?php _e('Delete old files'); ?>" onclick="return (confirm('Are you sure you wish to delete all client balance files?'));" />
</form>

abduraooft
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
but if I select a file in both boxes then no data is posted
Put the following at the top of your page and check the result on both the cases.

echo '<pre>';
print_r($_FILES);
echo '</pre>';

Gardy
10-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Same results as before - fine if either one of the inputs is used, but returns an empty array if they are both used.

Thanks.

Gardy
10-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Think I have got it - My php.ini file has 8MB as the maximum file upload size, so I assumed that this meant each file could be up to 8MB in size - turns out it is 8MB total though, so I look to now have this sussed.

Thanks for the input.

abduraooft
10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Think I have got it - My php.ini file has 8MB as the maximum file upload size, so I assumed that this meant each file could be up to 8MB in size - turns out it is 8MB total though, so I look to now have this sussed. You should have got the clues from the output of the lines that I've given!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum