View Full Version : PC didn't turn on

marisaj27
10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

I need some help, my computer didn't open, once I turn on my cpu then suddenly its automatic turn of itself,I think it takes only a second, No display on my screen, even in BIOS nor in Windows.. what's the problem with my pc, I already check all the connection the plugs. :confused:

o0O0o.o0O0o
10-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Looks like the motherboard problem , try removing the fan cable from motheboard and then start again

marisaj27
10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Looks like the motherboard problem , try removing the fan cable from motheboard and then start again

Really Sir, I'll try it later.. once I encountered that error I just turn off the avr and remove it from the plug, then I put it back again and try to turn it on, still same problem..but there are times that it works, then after a couple of days its back to the same error.. I thought that the main problem is in the power supply but when I try to test my power supply in different computer it works, I didn't encountered any error.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try it later..

Mad_Designer
10-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Possible hard drive failure!
If you have had this before they could of been warnings of this.

primefalcon
10-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Possible hard drive failure!
If you have had this before they could of been warnings of this.
Not the hard drive, even without a hard drive you'd still see your bios screen

digitalmaniac
10-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Check to maker sure all of your cables/connectors are seated properly. Try taking out all the ram, and expansion cards then waiting a few minutes. After you wait a few minutes put the parts back in and turn it on. No error = something was not seated. Error = It could be a number of other things, tho I would lead towards PSU or a short.

primefalcon
10-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Is there any alert,if yes maybe memory have issue,need to clearhttp://www.sscqw.com/img/3/smile.jpg
You know if its turning on but not showing anything on the screen, it could very easily be a graphics card/chip problem....

If you are using a graphics card try removing it and plugging it into the onboard one (if you have one), otherwise if you have a spare card lying around try that.

Is it beeping at all? if so how many beeps, are what beeps are short/long

JamieLennard
11-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Hi all,

I need some help, my computer didn't open, once I turn on my cpu then suddenly its automatic turn of itself,I think it takes only a second, No display on my screen, even in BIOS nor in Windows.. what's the problem with my pc, I already check all the connection the plugs. :confused:

Hi,

Try to remove your memory card and clean it then place it back. Check all cables if they are intact. If this doesn't work you need to consult it to a technician it might be your motherboard has a problem. Avoid moving other internal parts it might be affected.

marisaj27
11-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Your right @primefalcon, even without a hard drive you can still access the BIOS settings,

@JamieLennard thanks for the reply, I already did that but still nothing happens.
@primefalcon regarding in video card, I have an video card installed I'll already try your suggestion but still nothing happens.

I think the problem is in the processor or motherboard.. I still want to try to fix it and I'll post it here about the status of my computer..

This is my first time to experience this, a pc suddenly turn it off after a seconds but then when I try to turn it on again it didn't work even though I keep on pressing the power button of my cpu and yet nothing happens.

Thanks to all for the reply, I really appreciate..

Best regards,

Marisa

primefalcon
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Kinda sounding like perhaps a power supply issue, maybe even overheating, is the fan on the back turning properly? when you start the computer up?

digitalmaniac
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Definetly sounds like an overheating problem. Although just because you stuck the PSU in another computer, doesn't nessecarily mean that it works. How many drives do you have hooked up to the PC and what size PSU is it? If your pulling too much power, the PSU would still work in another computer, at least for a little while. You could also try removing all the RAM and inserting one stick back in if the problem still persists take out that stick and insert another, and so on. If it boots up with one stick, then the RAM might be causing an issue. Although I personally think that its a burned out processor or MOBO. Which would result from overheating. If you get the PC running again, I would advise running a program called SpeedFan on it, to see what the temperature of the parts are running at.

Anyway, let me know the stats of the PC, and all the drives connected, I might be able to see if its just drawing way too much power.

Tony M
11-18-2010, 02:56 AM
I You have another computer, remove the CPU from Your computer and test it in another one, and see what happens, but I think it's a power issue, see if the power box of Your computer is ok... :thumbsup:

Ivy S
11-20-2010, 07:36 AM
send it to the after sale customer service of your computer. Good luck

mmmmlyy
11-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Suggest take maintenance center inspection.

kentadle
12-08-2010, 10:14 AM
remove the ram & turn the pc on. if it beeps then try another ram. even then it didn't blot get your MB repaired or replace it.

mkowlowitz
12-16-2010, 11:35 PM
hey buddy, hows your computer doing? is it any better?

jimanji
12-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Maybe trying a bios reset will help. Remove the batter for 10 sec. Power on your pc. Power off. Add the battery. Power on. Is it working now?

oracleguy
12-18-2010, 07:48 AM
I am closing this thread since the OP hasn't been back for quite a while and must have either fixed the issue or doesn't care.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum