View Full Version : IE9 beta available here

effpeetee
09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
This is the site (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/home?os=win7&arch=a&browser=other)
Seems to work OK.

Frank

nick1988
09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
You might want to wait for the final release of Internet Explorer 9 Beta if either of the following apply to you:

- You prefer to install software once, and don't want to mess with it again.

- You get frustrated if software doesn't always behave as you expect it to.

Coming from Microsoft, I giggled.

Hopefully 9 can impress though.

effpeetee
09-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Seems OK now. No major problems so far.

I did have a problem at first ,but it was due to a faulty download.

Frank

gameutopia
09-18-2010, 04:48 AM
I have never tried a MS beta product before. I have tried other software beta releases, some good and others a nightmare. Because of bad luck with some of these others I am reluctant to try this one. I checked their page a few days ago. I was hoping to see more screen shots. They had a bunch of videos, but I didn't want to waste time watching videos. I would like to see more speed and optimization, but I think I will wait a bit longer on it. Hopefully it will be better, but I am not holding my breath on it.

effpeetee
09-18-2010, 12:36 PM
IE9 continues to work well. I have made it my default to give it a good test.
So far it has done all that it claims.

Frank

Tony M
09-21-2010, 12:31 AM
It works fine but the only problem is that it uses high RAM resources when viewing images and flash objects...:thumbsup:

plunkgilbard
09-21-2010, 09:23 AM
working fine for me 2

Dean440
09-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Sucks.

Apostropartheid
09-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Sucks.

Unqualified statements FTW.

gameutopia
09-29-2010, 09:26 AM
How much ram or resources is a lot? I prefer firefox, but it uses a lot in my opinion too. I don't know how many times a day I restart firefox to clear the memory/ram useage just to get it moving faster. I am curious if this will be or is an issue with ie9 then too. I think it will continue to be one of those deals where if you like ie you use it, if you like firefox you stick with it. I don't expect a major shift or change in popularity, but you never know. I will try it once it goes final/stable.

brad211987
09-29-2010, 04:44 PM
IE threads just aren't the same without dr here.....

Anyway, I wasn't too impressed with IE9 beta yet, it seemed to work well and the dramatically increased standards support is welcomed but still nothing in it that compels me to drop chrome or firefox.

drhowarddrfine
10-01-2010, 03:51 AM
IE threads just aren't the same without dr here.....
Did somebody call The Doctor?! (insert theme music) Got bored tonight and was clicking around and landed here. No. I'm not staying but....

IE9 will continue Microsoft's legacy as making the worst browser on the planet. IE9 is at least two years behind all other browsers (http://caniuse.com/) TODAY but IE9's target is fixed while all the other browsers are moving forward and, after IE9 comes out, how long till the next version comes out? 3 years? 5 years? In the meantime, all other browsers upgrade in weeks or months!

IE9: no CSS transitions, no CSS animation, no CSS flexbox, incomplete SVG support, no MathML, no blah blah blah....and the big news yesterday was IE9 has faster, more complete Compatibility Mode!!!

No one should use IE. It holds back the web. Inept and incompetent, it's an embarrassment to Microsoft. As Chris Wilson* told me, "If I had more say, IE would have gone in a completely different direction."

*Chris Wilson, lead developer of IE6/7/8. Microsoft rep to the W3C and WHATWG. Recently left and now works at Google. Hope he doesn't make a mess of the place.

newbie2011
10-05-2010, 06:32 AM
What the IE9 has advantages over chrome, as I am using chrome.

jfreak53
10-15-2010, 02:08 PM
The doctor's in the house!! Amen to all that!! ha ha

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum