View Full Version : How to stop Internet Explorer script error messages

BOBKUSPE
09-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi,

Could I use javascript code to stop Internet Explorer script error messages?

Bob Kuspe:D

codebyter
09-01-2010, 03:09 PM
You could definitely use javascript to fix Internet Explorer script error messages, just make sure the code is correct and then you won't get any error messages :)

DaveyErwin
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Could I use javascript code to stop Internet Explorer script error messages?

You could definitely use javascript to fix Internet Explorer script error messages, just make sure the code is correct and then you won't get any error messages :)

Maybe he's thinking about a try catch block ?

codebyter
09-01-2010, 03:27 PM
bleh, don't use try catch blocks. If you have to resort to try catch blocks then you are most likely doing something wrong (unless detecting browsers, flash versions, etc).

BOB:

maybe post the error you are receiving in IE so we can take a look at whats going on.

BOBKUSPE
09-01-2010, 03:32 PM
oooppppsss!

In true it is not "script error messages", but "advice messages" regarding the save of the system. I am using a .HTA file and when it open some URLS the IE shown an Alert message. What can I do to erase or ignore this message?

DaveyErwin
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
bleh, don't use try catch blocks. If you have to resort to try catch blocks then you are most likely doing something wrong (unless detecting browsers, flash versions, etc).

BOB:

maybe post the error you are receiving in IE so we can take a look at whats going on.

Can you be a little more specific about where the try catch block
may be used approprietly ?

Philip M
09-02-2010, 08:03 AM
oooppppsss!

In true it is not "script error messages", but "advice messages" regarding the save of the system. I am using a .HTA file and when it open some URLS the IE shown an Alert message. What can I do to erase or ignore this message?

You cannot disable messages which are generated by the operating system. They are there for security reasons.

BOBKUSPE
09-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Phillip,

You cannot disable messages which are generated by the operating system. They are there for security reasons.

Ok. As I said I have an iframe inside of a page that contains a form element that I'm open webpages. The problem remains in the scripts from the pages are being open. The IE answer for a YES or NO.

If I cannot disable could I simulates a "NO" clicking? It gives an error message answering YES or NO. What is the correct way for fixing it no debugging? How I simulates a "NO" clicking? If so, where I put the code, head or body?

I am using a .HTA application.

Regards

Philip M
09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Sorry, what part of my advice

"You cannot disable messages which are generated by the operating system. They are there for security reasons. "

did you not understand?
I don't know how to spell it out any more clearly. You cannot simulate an onclick() event for - would you believe? - security reasons.

BOBKUSPE
09-05-2010, 10:11 PM
I will take in mind your advice.

At least can you say what happen with my script?

I am trying to open inside an iframe the same urls in two distinct files:
(1) .html file and (2) .HTA application. When it open in a html file there is not any error script message from IE, however when I try open ones in the HTA file the IE shows the error script messages.

Bob Kuspe

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum