View Full Version : photo rotated on its own?

enderwiggin7
08-25-2010, 03:37 PM
This looks so simple, but it escapes me:

I have a page of photos here (http://theomgband.com/photos.html), and each thumbnail links to a larger photo. Fort some weird reason, 3 of the 5 photos on the bottom row are loading rotated 90 degrees CW even though the file itself is properly oriented. Does anyone know how this is even possible? Thanks!

teedoff
08-25-2010, 05:54 PM
I dont see any photos rotating...assuming they are supposed to be upright in the first place..lol I checked in IE8 and Firefox 3.6 and all the photos look fine.

Decker
08-25-2010, 05:56 PM
They look ok to me.

enderwiggin7
08-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry, I failed to include an important detail - the thumbs load fine, it is the larger version of those 3 images, when clicked on, that load rotated. Sorry for the confusion.

tracknut
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
That's pretty weird, I've never seen this one before. The exif information in that file says "Orientation: Rotate 270" on it, which presumably is the problem. I opened it in PS, and saved it as another file, and the rotation goes away.

Dave

enderwiggin7
08-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Wow - I didn't even know that was possible… I'll try resaving it then. It's not my photo, so it's possible that the client did something weird to it. Thanks for your help!

There's no way to just change that setting, is there?

tracknut
08-26-2010, 07:55 PM
There are such things as exif editors, that can manipulate the information in the exif headers, but I don't have one so I can't tell you for sure. Easiest to just save it out from PS.

Dave

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum