View Full Version : Coding a website?

08-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Hey everyone I want to create a website where a person enter their YouTube username in a textbox, it adds them to a list of people who must be subscribed to before they get their subs. What I'm trying to say here is on the first page they enter their username. Then on page 2, they must subscribe to 10 people, after they do this they press next and their name gets added to the list of people to be subscribed to. Anyways, I coded everything besides the part where the persons name gets added to the list. What is a way that you can have that person's username get added to the list of people after they subscribe to 10 people? Confusing I know, but please I need help.

08-07-2010, 07:12 PM
This would require some server-side technology. Try posting in the PHP forum on this board.

08-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Is there some sort of API YouTube provides to allow external subscription requests? If so I'd start there.

Might be a good place to start. Probably isn't exactly what you are looking for based on a quick scan of that document.

08-08-2010, 03:51 AM
You would want to do some server side scripting as stated above. This requires PHP, MySQL databases, and some pretty good knowledge of the YouTube API. I could get you the page and the database created but i don't know anything about the API of YouTube. PHP is my specialty. If you need further help with this please PM me and i'll work and send the code to you as soon as i can.