View Full Version : Directories

j05hr
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I have taken over a from a previous developer on a site. They use a / infront of all their links for example.

<link href="/css/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

Where would I put style .css?

I have been doing it like example_folder/css/style.css but it doesn't work, so where should I be putting the css folder?

Thanks,
Josh

SB65
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
That's an absolute reference - the initial / signifies the root folder - so style.css should go in a folder called css off the root folder.

bestdeveloper
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi, guys

Check out the way to your style.css, if it's relational or absolute, it is very likely that you have an error in syntax

SB65
08-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi, guys

Check out the way to your style.css, if it's relational or absolute, it is very likely that you have an error in syntax

What?

Rowsdower!
08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
He has been doing this a lot lately. He is posting garbage responses to get his sig link exposed...Too bad that url has been blocked by CF! :D

SB65
08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I know, spotted that myself, there was another one in a different thread. Felt I had to comment on this one...Shocking about the signature though.:D

j05hr
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
This is really confusing me because my css folder is in the root directory called css and it doesn't work.

If I get rid of the / and make it

<link href="css/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

Then it works but I want it to work with the / as there is a lot of paths with it included and to change them all is a big hassle.

Thanks,
Josh

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum