View Full Version : hide link

minkoko
08-04-2010, 02:07 PM
can we hide the link in email? when we send the other

i don't mean like this

<a href="http://www.google.com>Gmail</a>

i want to if user click the Gmail link don't show the www.google.com or the other link

VIPStephan
08-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Erm… WHAT? :confused:

minkoko
08-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Ermů WHAT? :confused:

you don't understand?

Rowsdower!
08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
No he doesn't understand your question. I don't understand it either.

What are you trying to do? What is the "other" link that you are referring to and where are we not showing these? In the status bar? On the page?

minkoko
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
No he doesn't understand your question. I don't understand it either.

What are you trying to do? What is the "other" link that you are referring to and where are we not showing these?

ok i want to ask you one question?

we can hide the link in gmail ,when sending the mail

Rowsdower!
08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
You haven't changed the question in a way that makes it any more specific or understandable.

Do you want me to start guessing at what you mean?

Are you talking about keeping your e-mail address hidden in a mailto: link? Are you talking about using display:none; for the style on the link so that none of it even appears on the page?

What specifically are you trying to do? Use some new words and try using a few sentences rather than just one.

minkoko
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
no no friend
i want to hide the realy link

like to spypig.com

VIPStephan
08-04-2010, 06:09 PM
I could only imagine that he/she is talking about a link at the bottom that is sent with each email, and the recipient will see? You know, the advertising links at the bottom that free e-mail services tend to send? But I’m just guessing here. :confused:

minkoko, can you ask your question in your native language? Maybe someone does understand it (whatever it is) and will be able to translate to proper English?

Major Payne
08-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Most email program will provide a popup tooltip describing the link even without the use of the title="" attribute. If you want to hide the actuall link, use http://TinyURL.com/ to make a new link and use it in the href="" attribute for the text link. There are other sites that shorten/change links.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum