View Full Version : Something is stripping my paragraphs??

aliceinwonderla
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.drownjewellery.com/about/

I have clear paragraphs set up in my pages but something in this theme (probably the CSS but I can't see it) is stripping my paragraphs. Sometimes I like to leave a line gap between paragraphs but no amount of

<p>&nbsp;</p>
or

<br />
is getting gaps in between paragraphs. All my text just smooshes up.

Halp pls oh smart ones!! :)

abduraooft
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
If you need to add gaps in between paragraphs, add
.page-body p{
margin:1em 0;
}

VIPStephan
08-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes, something is stripping the default top and bottom margin of your paragraphs, and it is the global reset rule on line 13 in your stylesheet:

* {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

What you’d have to do is adding a rule somewhere after the above one that (re)applies the margin, e. g.:

p {margin: 1em 0;}

Rowsdower!
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
It looks like your blank paragraphs are having their closing </p> removed by your CMS (just guessing because the empty paragraphs are missing their closing tags).

This is just as well since blank paragraphs are a no-no anyway. Try adding this to your theme's style sheet:

p.space_below {margin-bottom:1em;}

And then use this when you write your content:

<p style="text-align: justify;">It is a far cry from where she started in the land of vintage fancies and kitsch, but award-winning Drink Me Alice designer Alicia Hannah Naomi has taken the meaning of creativity far into the great beyond with her new jewellery concept: <em>Drown</em>.</p>
<p style="text-align: justify;">The pieces making up her daring maiden collection for <em>Drown</em>: Nebula, feature immaculate digital prints of outer space, a concept inspired by the designer’s intrigue and interest in chemical structure and the natural formations found in crystals and minerals. The softness of the images set against stark geometric shapes, dark costume metal chains, and black onyx baubles ensure that these pieces are not merely accessories but statement treasures.</p>
<p style="text-align: justify;">The <em>Drown</em> concept and Nebula Collection are very personal for Alicia, and true to her own heart she has produced pieces that reflect her amicably: a little fanciful, a little dark, but always beautiful.</p>
<p style="text-align: justify;" class="space_below">The <em>Drown</em> concept is designed and hand assembled by Alicia in Melbourne, Australia at her home studio.</p>
<p style="text-align: justify;">Words by Avital Kamil.</p>

aliceinwonderla
08-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks I tried VIPStephan's solution and it seemed to work great :)

MCreative
08-03-2010, 03:37 AM
I've noticed in the past that the WordPress Visual Editor will sometimes remove code from your posts as well. Under settings, you can turn off the Visual editor. That seemed to have solved my problem.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum