View Full Version : uploadify and controlling variables

kirkh34
07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
i am using the jquery plugin uploadify as an image uploader, i want the image to be able to be uploaded and then redirected to another page where you will see a thumbnail of the picture and be able edit the caption, description, etc... ... i am not interested on how to do it but only how to control variables from the files uploaded.... i have uploadify on a upload.php and it accesses the script uploadify.php to process the file handling

in a regular php uploader, i could put the uploaded file information into variables and redirect to another page and use those variables... with uploadify i am not sure how to accomplish this... i can't use uploadify.php to create variables to be used, after the upload, the user remains on the page uploadify is installed on(upload.php)... how can i take the file information and put it into variables and be redirected with the ability to call those variables

i'm sorry i am new to javascript and i'm trying to understand it the best i can, if someone could help me achieve this

hdewantara
07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi kirkh34,

Haven't tried this but
I think jQuery's uploadify has option called "scriptData"
you could use to send additional data.
Ref: http://www.uploadify.com/documentation/

May see what you've coded so far...?

Hendra

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum