View Full Version : Strange issue with text fields / auto width

BlackReef
07-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Hello,

Ok - I am having an issue with a site I built awhile ago. There are these text fields on the page below:

http://www.adxtactical.com/store/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=1466&qty=1

Notice how when you go to configure the options, that the text fields are only partially containing the text, and you have to click and drag to read the rest of the option details.

For some reason, Im not having any luck with Firebug, however Google Chrome (inspect element) is showing each field width set as a different amount.

What I would like to do is fix it so all the text fields are long enough so people can read the option descriptions without having to scroll laterally.

Any input on how I can fix this?

(Disclaimer, I know the code markup for the site is old and needs some CSS love)

Thank you in advance,
-J

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Is that text meant to be edited or is meant to be read only? Why the need for text boxes if you have checkboxes too?

BlackReef
07-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Is that text meant to be edited or is meant to be read only? Why the need for text boxes if you have checkboxes too?

The text is read-only, and not meant to be edited. They are just options that a customer can pick to customize the order.

These options are pre-set by the store owner in the back-end store control panel.

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Okay well I'm just wondering why they have to be text boxes if no one is ever supposed to edit them. Just put the normal text on the page and have the checkboxes hold the appropriate value.

BlackReef
07-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Okay well I'm just wondering why they have to be text boxes if no one is ever supposed to edit them. Just put the normal text on the page and have the checkboxes hold the appropriate value.

Well, I didn't write the code. It's an .ASP based shopping cart software that is controlling all that, just trying to fix this issue

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum