View Full Version : How to use transparency for all browsers

CarlMartin10
07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
OK, so I use

color: transparent;

on a:, and a:hover, which works well on Firefox, but not on IE8. In IE8, I get a white color surrounding the link. How can I make this transparent in IE8, and Firefox????? Thanks.

P.S. I read an article that talked about using visibility: hidden; , but that made the entire image with the link disappear, as you might expect.

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Just curious why would you want transparent links? No one would be able to see them. What links are you referring to that have the color on them? There is probably a better solution.

CarlMartin10
07-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Just curious why would you want transparent links? No one would be able to see them. What links are you referring to that have the color on them? There is probably a better solution.

I dont want the links to be transparent. here is the deal:

On my page, there is a logo at the top of the page. It takes you to the home page when you click it. Unfortunately, when you click it, you see an ugly box around it. I made the a, and a:hover color property transparent, and ta-da...no ugly box...in Firefox, at least. The box is still there in IE8. Now I need to make that box disappear....WITHOUT making the actual image disappear.

thanks

_Aerospace_Eng_
07-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Okay, don't make your links transparent, and add outline:0; to that link. Problem solved. If you weren't so vague on what you were trying to do in the first place this is the solution I would have given you all along.

CarlMartin10
07-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Okay, don't make your links transparent, and add outline:0; to that link. Problem solved. If you weren't so vague on what you were trying to do in the first place this is the solution I would have given you all along.

That worked. Thanks. I try not to be too vague, but sometimes it happens. i will be more descriptive in the future.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum