View Full Version : Career Advice

webnewb
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Im looking for some career advice, I have just finished University, I studied Business with IT and am now looking for a junior web weveloper role, where is the best place to find a role like this? do they exist?

cyberdesignz
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Firstly I would like to congratulate on completing your degree. Well If you have decided to choose the web development field, then you are required to cover up the following things:

1. Html/CSS
2. Client side Scripting(Java Scripting, J-Query)
3. Server Side Scripting( Any technology like asp.net or php)
4. Database Knowledge

If you are known to these technologies, you can find job in any big multinational company.
Rest you can apply through online job portals.

Regards

Nightfire
07-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Get a lot of experience, build up a portfolio. It'll make it easier to find a job. Hardly anyone I know will employ someone straight out of uni / college no matter what qualifications they have, if they have no experience or portfolio

webnewb
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Get a lot of experience, build up a portfolio. It'll make it easier to find a job. Hardly anyone I know will employ someone straight out of uni / college no matter what qualifications they have, if they have no experience or portfolio

would i do this through self study and working on projects in my own time?

Beagle
07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes, honestly, you should have been doing it through out uni, but that time has past. Get passionate about this stuff. Read blogs about it. If it's going to be your trade, make it a hobby.

Good luck, and never stop learning!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum