View Full Version : Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter

djh101
06-29-2010, 01:12 AM
The page loads fine when it is saved in ANSI but if I save it in UTF-8, I get this error message:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent

Does anyone know why this is?

Also, how would it work if I had my main pages saved in ANSI and my content (txt files included in the pages) saved in UTF-8? How would non-standard characters (alt codes and such) be displayed? The main reason I started saving files in UTF-8 was because I use a lot of non-standard characters, mainly →, and they don't display in ANSI pages.

abduraooft
06-29-2010, 07:03 AM
The page loads fine when it is saved in ANSI but if I save it in UTF-8, I get this error message: Try to save the file without BOM (there's a tab under "Encoding" in notepad++)

djh101
06-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Ahh, so that's how you do it. I've been using notepad since I first started learning HTML. I got Notepad++ and Notepad 2 a few days ago, and they've got some good features (like that UTF one). I also tried saving the main file in ANSI and the content in UTF and that worked, but now that someone has actually explained how to remove the BOM I think I'll be using that=).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum