View Full Version : CSS backgrounds (data urls) in IE7 don't work

06-17-2010, 10:10 PM
If you load the link below in IE8, FF, or Chrome the beautiful On/Off slider buttons look beautiful. They use a bunch of css backgrounds using data URLs in browsers that support data URLs.

If you load it up in IE 7 mode the buttons look all pixelated as if the backgrounds are only using 1 square pixel of the images and stretching them.

(Note: When you load it in IE7 mode don't change it from IE8 to IE7 after the site has already loaded... instead make a new tab in IE8, switch it to IE7 mode and THEN load that link. Otherwise it will load really slow.)

I'm using Google's GWT to generate the site, so GWT is supposed to decide for me if the browser supports it and is supposed to switch it to a regular url if it's not supported. In IE7 it isn't using data urls, but I don't know why the images are messed up.

Can anyone use a DOM inspector and help me figure out why it doesn't look correct in IE7?

Many thanks!

06-17-2010, 11:45 PM

Nvm, I solved it. My code was not setting the CSS correct and I figured out what was wrong and corrected it.