View Full Version : CSS backgrounds (data urls) in IE7 don't work

Skychan
06-17-2010, 11:10 PM
If you load the link below in IE8, FF, or Chrome the beautiful On/Off slider buttons look beautiful. They use a bunch of css backgrounds using data URLs in browsers that support data URLs.

If you load it up in IE 7 mode the buttons look all pixelated as if the backgrounds are only using 1 square pixel of the images and stretching them.

(Note: When you load it in IE7 mode don't change it from IE8 to IE7 after the site has already loaded... instead make a new tab in IE8, switch it to IE7 mode and THEN load that link. Otherwise it will load really slow.)

http://subtabs.skystrider.com/#stpID1tab2as1pnOptions/General%20Options

I'm using Google's GWT to generate the site, so GWT is supposed to decide for me if the browser supports it and is supposed to switch it to a regular url if it's not supported. In IE7 it isn't using data urls, but I don't know why the images are messed up.

Can anyone use a DOM inspector and help me figure out why it doesn't look correct in IE7?

Many thanks!

Skychan
06-18-2010, 12:45 AM
SOLVED!

Nvm, I solved it. My code was not setting the CSS correct and I figured out what was wrong and corrected it.

cheers

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum