View Full Version : Resolved Personne ne sait! - how to put a caption under a picture with JScript.

effpeetee
06-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I have been trying for several days now to append a text caption to a displayed image using Javascript, but with no real success. Perhaps JS is not the best way. Has anyone a suggestion as to the best way to tackle this.

I want to replace the image captions with text ones to help speed up the site. It is my home site here (http://www.exitfegs.co.uk/).

A modification of the existing code seems obvious, but I have been unable to do this.:(:o Any help gratefully received.

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Why would you post your question here? We have a javascript forum too...

effpeetee
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Why would you post your question here? We have a javascript forum too...
That is exactly where I have posted it. I thought perhaps there might be more response if I threw it open. Sorry to offend.

Frank

oracleguy
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Moving from comp issues to JavaScript forum.

effpeetee
06-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Perhaps JS is not the best way. Has anyone a suggestion as to the best way to tackle this.

This was why I put it where I did. I wondered whether there was another way to do this, not necessarily with Javascript.

Why do people get so up tight with such minor matters. :( Most coders visit all the forums. Perhaps I should stand in the corner with my dunces cap on.:eek:

Frank

_Aerospace_Eng_
06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Without a page refresh javascript is the way to do it. You could use ajax but this gets a bit more complex. How are you doing it now? It seems to be working fine.

effpeetee
06-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Hello Aero.

I am using a javascript offering from a post. I'm trying to find the original post. I think he was just called MR J but I'm not sure.
I had to modify it a little. (my 'suck it and see' approach I'm afraid.)

EDIT: Here it is. I just found it. (http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=962431)

It seems OK to me although one poster says it is not very flexible.

Frank

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum