View Full Version : Google chrome

andrei_4R
06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
What can you say about Google Chrome?

bestdeveloper
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
What do you wanna to hear?

Well, from my side I can say that if you are looking for very quick wapbrowser for today - use Google chrome. But despite of its advantages, I'm still sticked to Firefox, cant help maself.
What about you, Andrei?

Dean440
06-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Google Chrome is without question my favorite browser, and I know others who feel that way too. Despite its name, it actually features probably the absolute minimum amount of chrome a browser can possibly have. It's fast, it's compact, and it does a fantastic job at being standards-compliant: It scores perfect on the Acid Tests (http://www.acidtests.org/).

It handles each tab as its own process, which means if something in one tab is freezing up, you can kill it without killing all the other tabs. Its Javascript Console and Developer Tools provide you with lots of useful tools for analyzing/debugging web pages and scripts.

As far as I know, you can not disable Javascript in Google Chrome, but you don't have to: it's smart about what's necessary and what may be malicious. To my knowledge, it's the only browser that even allows you to prevent never-ending Javascript alert() popups without simply turning Javascript off.

In my opinion, Google Chrome is also the sleekest and best-looking browser. Many people I know who have tried it who are not technically-inclined stick with it over Firefox or IE because it's sleek, simple, and clean.

Chrome's a good browser.

Fumigator
06-10-2010, 05:25 PM
As far as I know, you can not disable Javascript in Google Chrome, but you don't have to: it's smart about what's necessary and what may be malicious

I love when the lack of a feature is explained by saying "BAH you don't need that feature!" Who says I don't? Maybe I do. You can't say.

cs_student
06-11-2010, 02:11 AM
I love when the lack of a feature is explained by saying "BAH you don't need that feature!" Who says I don't? Maybe I do. You can't say.

A better way to put it would be "lack of bloat." However, you are right. A lack of features is not a feature in itself. However, a minimalist approach could be considered a feature which caters to a certain audience, which you may or may not be a part of.

I myself still use firefox, however I admire google chrome for it's minimalist style. I just can't get rid of my firefox extensions yet.
I've actually had firefox's UI set up a lot like chrome (even before I knew about chrome). With a little bit of tweaking, you can have a very screen efficient firefox (much like chrome).

Another thing I like about chrome (even though the features is in firefox), are the keyword shortcuts/searches. While the feature is in firefox, I feel it's much bettr implemented in chrome.

cs_student

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum