View Full Version : Background Image Placement with CSS and Internet Explorer

rogel
06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, I have been having trouble with one internet explorer bug for forever. I haven't found anyone who has been able to pick it out yet. Everything looks fine in mozilla, but surprise surprise...internet explorer finds a way to screw it up. When viewing my blog in IE it shifts the background picture of the bridge to the right. I've tried relative/absolute/z scores and nothing seems to work. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again
-Brian

http://www.synactable.com/blog/marketing/charleston-sc/

Kor
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Your structure is weird. I would not have placed the menu DIV inside the page DIV and give it a negative x-position. Do you know how to use CSS float property, instead?

And, well, I would not have used the em measurement unit for size, position, padding... As any relative unit, it might bring trouble.

rogel
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm using a Thesis theme for this blog. So instead of trying to rearrange the php, I tried to do all the aesthetics of the page through the css. It has been somewhat difficult to match the wordpress portion of the site identically to the static portion. Regardless, the wrodpress pages are not how I would have structured them if I had built them from the ground up.

Can you use the float property to create the same result as the negative positioning?

Or should I try to move around the php through a plugin like openhook?

rogierius
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Not much of help here, but in IE8 it looks fine to me.

rogel
06-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Hmm...I checked again with two separate computers and the background image seems to shift about two inches to the right when using IE8

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum