View Full Version : mailto link displaying "localhost" when used from htaccess file

05-31-2010, 03:36 AM

I was hoping to hide my mailto links in the htaccess file and it seemed to be working perfectly however I figured out today it's doing something weird. When you hit on the email link, the email address in the to box is xxx@xxx.comlocalhost/

It appends this weird "localhost/" to the end of the email address and I have no clue why! My option to get around it is to redirect to a PHP file that headers to the mailto link but I was hoping to keep it in my htaccess and nice and tidy.

RewriteRule ^contact/email$ mailto:xxx@xxx.com.au [L]

Hopefully you can help me =)

07-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Odd - Not sure where to start with this one. I setup the same rewrite rule on my domain and I'm not getting the behavior you are experiencing. Try it out (http://www.codelyrics.com/contact/email) and let me know what it does for you.

If you still get the appended localhost - it is likely something occurring on your local network/computer. If you don't then it's a setting somewhere on the server.

I assume that a mailto link hard-coded in HTML served from your server doesn't append the locahost text? It sounds like that's what you are doing with the PHP file.