View Full Version : Image match content length

Owener94
05-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I have 3 same-line DIVs.
In the center div, it auto-lengthens to match it's content. The background of the DIV also auto-lengthens to match it's content.
However I wanted an image-only border around the content that cannot be placed into the background image for the expandable DIV because I have the repeat-x commandment on the background image, this enables all computers to read it perfectly how I want it.
What I'm wondering is - Is it possible to make the image border (one left, one right of background image) to adjust automatically to the length of the DIV as the background image does?

I really hope there is some possible way.
I tried putting it into a table to see if I could get anywhere but it failed.
Any suggestions and help is really appreciated, many thanks.
Owen.

P.S. If you do not understand what I mean please ask for another explanation or link.

effpeetee
05-30-2010, 08:19 PM
You probably need Faux Columns.

Check the sites here. (http://www.exitfegs.co.uk/Sources.html) Left hand column near the bottom.

Use the search box.

Frank

Owener94
05-30-2010, 09:10 PM
I appreciate your feedback, but I was sure I could fix it myself and found the way I was thinking.
Solution:

I simply made 2 new DIV's and placed them inside the DIV with the adjustable background image. I set a background image to the other 2 DIV's (one for each side for border) and then put them as top left/right in the css document.

Hope I explained it well enough for others to understand.

Owen.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum