View Full Version : Viewing page a form is submitted from

ramenraider
05-28-2010, 08:14 AM
I was wondering if there was any way to view what page a form was submitted by. For example, I have a page called "signup.php" where users can fill in a form and they will be registered in a database. I have a reason to believe somebody is sending signups from a different page besides my own. So they basically are making the form "action page" the same as mine. Do you get what i mean? Is there anyway to detect this?

Apostropartheid
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
HTTP referer or hidden input?

ramenraider
06-02-2010, 04:02 AM
HTTP referer or hidden input?

Even if I have a hidden input, cant you still see it in the source code? Can an HTTP referrer be faked as though it was my own site?

abduraooft
06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I have a reason to believe somebody is sending signups from a different page besides my own. So they basically are making the form "action page" the same as mine. Do you get what i mean? Is there anyway to detect this? You may set a session variable in your sign-up page whose name would be hard to guess. CAPTCHA will also serve the same purpose ( with some additional features).

Apostropartheid
06-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Sessions are really the best option (CAPTCHAs less so, I guess), but if you just want to catch them out once, checking the HTTP headers *should* suffice. If you know how to do sessions, though, go for it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum