View Full Version : Trouble with fonts when viewed on iPhone

bangweb
05-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I built a site and it renders in all browsers and OS's properly and passes all the w3c validators.

When I view it on my iPhone some of the fonts will change porpotionally to the size of the site and some will remain large and blow out of place.

The url is: Red5S####ecurity.com (remove the # signs because i don't want this found in a google search.

The text I'm having trouble with is the bottom navigation. If you view my attachments (screenshots from my iPhone) it will be obvious which text is having the troubles.

I appreciate and suggestions or help.

This is my first post here so I'm not sure what's protocol for css files. I assume people here are fast at getting to and viewing the css file from source.

Regards,
Steve

code beginner
05-22-2010, 09:26 PM
those look like nice pages.

are you using ems for font sizing? those can scale to different environments a bit better than some of the other methods under certain circumstances.

optimus203
05-23-2010, 02:50 AM
You should use em values or percentage values when specifying font sizes in your css. Your specifying font sizes in pixels, which will not display your font sizes properly in hand held devices.

In your footer div, try specifying font-size: 80%; or something to that degree.

bangweb
05-23-2010, 08:54 PM
code beginner: Thank you for the compliment, and your suggestion

optimus203: Thank you for the details. I will give that a try.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum