View Full Version : How to make html page open text file on wanted place?Help!

keijo100
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Hello!I know a little about html,but i want to know is it possible to replace a long text what is in text file whit only little code? If it is then please help me,becaus I looked in google and i got confused and didn't find what i was looking for! So can please someone help me and waste a little time for me? Please,I will be very thankful if someone could help me!:)

weaver
05-20-2010, 07:41 PM
If you are wanting to use a brief code in order to have a web page pull in a text file, you can search on the term "includes". You might want a server side includes using html (actually shtml) or a php includes. Check out this thread - http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=957121#post957121.

Webweaver

code beginner
05-20-2010, 08:32 PM
i'm not sure if you are asking how to make your coding more efficient, or to have your actual content use less resources.

if it's the second, look into xml feeds. those pull content from other areas (like online news articles) and put them onto your page. xml feeds are used a lot for content that changes frequently, like news articles.

keijo100
05-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you. Atleast now i know that i don't search for some useless crap ^^
Thank you everyone ^^ you all are so smart and i am only 14 duh(that's why i am still noob,but going to study IT ^^)

Thank you everyone and strange nightmares to you ^^ :)

Aam sorry,but could then anyone delete that thread ^^ because otherwise it only takes room and u wont find your much more worth threads ^^
But if u want then it can stay here for a lesson for such noobs like me ^^ Cya

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum