View Full Version : Balancing my index page.

effpeetee
05-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I have decided to add a right hand picture to balance my index page. The rh side was previously empty.

I have put a picture of myself when young there for illustrative purposes only.
My problem is. What picture or content would be best there. I do like a balanced look to the page but I am not sure what picture or content to put there.
Not necessarily personal.

EDIT: Also, since putting this extra div in the page, my comments have gone off centre. I cannot find why. I did not do it intentionally.

Help gladly received.:thumbsup:

Ideas welcome.:D

Frank

The page is here. (http://exitfegs.co.uk/indexplus.html)

effpeetee
05-21-2010, 12:53 PM
What, No takers. Boo Hoo.

Donkey
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
My view is that you shouldn't bother. I have firefox open in a window that's 1267 x 968 pixels, then I always have a side bar open so my viewing area is down to 1073 x 899 pixels. When I click on to your page it looks a bit squeezed, and the far right picture is mostly hidden behind the bigger one. Can I add; I'm using that size window by choice as it works best for me in a dual monitor set up.

I would leave it out, but if you want that page to look better I suggest that you use a nicer font and some colour on the links in the left hand panel. They look a bit drab.

effpeetee
05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks. You may be right. But I still need to know what misplaced my captions.
Apart from adding the div, I did nothing knowingly to alter them. They were OK after I had added the div.

1440x900 is the res. that I am using.

Frank

Frank

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum