View Full Version : How do I center this image in Dreamweaver?

Squishy435
05-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I was here yesterday with a problem on the same site, and it was resolved quickly. I love it here!

Anyways - I'm doing all of my editing on this site in Dreamweaver, and I am having a problem centering an image. I've tried changing all of the properties, but anything I do doesn't effect the placement of the image.

The URL to the website is www.reboundsusedbooks.com (http://www.reboundsusedbooks.com/).

If you go to that homepage and scroll down, you'll see the "Subscribe to our Newsletter" image. It's misplaced - it goes over the edges and is not centered. If anybody could help, I would appreciate it very much.

Scriptet
05-06-2010, 07:22 PM
You can add text-align:center; to the images parent and it will center the image. Or you can add display:block; width:imagewidth; margin:0 auto; to the image. Note: these are CSS statements so would either go in style="" tags or inside the head of the document.

Have you ever thought about using a DIV based layout and making more use of CSS rather than a table based, it allows for greater flexibility and it's a lot easier to edit. CSS allows for controlling the presentation of the page.

Squishy435
05-06-2010, 08:14 PM
You can add text-align:center; to the images parent and it will center the image. Or you can add display:block; width:imagewidth; margin:0 auto; to the image. Note: these are CSS statements so would either go in style="" tags or inside the head of the document.

Have you ever thought about using a DIV based layout and making more use of CSS rather than a table based, it allows for greater flexibility and it's a lot easier to edit. CSS allows for controlling the presentation of the page.

I tried this, but it didn't work..

This website is a template, not something that I designed on my own, so I didn't have the choice to do one or the other :p

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum