View Full Version : Apple may face antitrust investigation

05-03-2010, 10:23 PM

I am curious as to what they will decide.

05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I was wondering if something like that might happen. I wasn't aware app devs couldn't create similar apps for other platforms till now. Just never paid attention.

05-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah Apple changed the rules a few weeks ago. Here is some background on it if you are interested: http://daringfireball.net/2010/04/iphone_agreement_bans_flash_compiler

05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Great now Apple is turning into Microcrap, just what we needed.

All the more reason, go LINUX! And Google Android. Hey what's decision, when I can download andriod SDK for free, I just did yesterday and develop away till my hearts content. Apple charges $200 smacks for the standard, that's not even the pro version!

05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I know what they're trying to do and that's protect the brand name. Apple is always known for quality, safe products and keeping control is the way to do that but when you prevent another business from doing business with others, that's restriction of trade (or whatever the technical term is).

Which reminds me of a similar issue with my restaurants. Years ago, one of our suppliers was found to be selling the same product we used to a competitor and was quickly given the boot (which also quickly put them out of business). I wonder if they could have sued our franchisor for having done that. Sounds almost like the same thing.

05-06-2010, 03:59 AM
I'm crossing my fingers that Apple gets the subpoena and smacked by the law. Steve Jobs is a hypocrite.

06-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Apple as always is different from its competitors in many ways. Microsoft and Google as we know are just behind the tail of apple and apple seems to grow like anything despite the recent criticisms it had to face after declaring the fact that only certain and that too noteworthy applications need to run on apple. From what I think, this may hinder many other software developers causing them to concentrate on one instead of two but actually itís a strategic plan from apples side to ensure its growth in business!