View Full Version : Consumer Reports rates computers

drhowarddrfine
04-30-2010, 04:00 AM
For the umpteenth year in a row, CR rates Apple computers #1 in every category including reliability and tech support over all other computer manufacturers (except the Mac mini). They also like the iPad which we should receive tomorrow afternoon (our first ever Apple computer product).

oracleguy
04-30-2010, 04:06 AM
No article link for us to read?

drhowarddrfine
04-30-2010, 04:20 AM
CR is paid subscription only but you can find it in the library.

VIPStephan
05-01-2010, 12:12 AM
So, as much as your’re ranting about Microsoft you seem to praise and promote anything by Apple lately, eh? Pretty one-sided attitude in my opinion. I’d wish for a more reflective discourse.

drhowarddrfine
05-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Just reporting the news. Don't know if you are aware of Consumer Reports but it's an independent testing laboratory which publishes a monthly magazine with its results along with member survey results. Well known and respected in the US. We subscribe and just got the issue yesterday with that as its headline story. The fact that I have been promoting Apple lately does not change the results of the magazine and hardly constitutes my opinion especially when I have never owned an Apple computer.

futureproof
05-07-2010, 03:51 AM
I joined a php group in Toronto and half of the guys there use apple laptops. They either speak of A: windows or B: mac.

It's like arguing between burger king and mcdonalds.

futureproof
05-07-2010, 04:27 AM
And then came the double post. Opps. Well while I'm here I forgot to mention Linux, the greatest OS

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum