View Full Version : Protect our websites

heartlin
04-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Hi,

How to protect our websites from thieves.

Is possible to protect out websites without using paypal.

Regards
heartlin

Phil Jackson
04-29-2010, 08:23 AM
I do not understand you question entirely. Could you please give more information on what you are trying to achieve?

heartlin
04-29-2010, 09:05 AM
I mean how to disable right click, copy, paste, view source code from my website. How to protect my web pages from third party.

Nightfire
04-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Only way to do it is to delete your website... You can't stop someone from getting the source ever...never could be able to, never will be able to.

Phil Jackson
04-29-2010, 01:58 PM
I believe nightfire has responded with the only answer possible. To disable such things would

a) be unaccessible to the average user
b) be annoying
c) un-userfriendly
d) impossible as I think this can only be done via js ( which can be disabled )

Fou-Lu
04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
I do not see anything that is relevant to PHP in this discussion.
Moving from PHP forum to General Web Building.

LynxSI
05-07-2010, 06:05 PM
You can get some JavaScript encryption/encoding functions that then decode the site after page load, but as someone mentioned, not all users will have JavaScript enabled. And it would still be possible to get the source, just harder for the "average" user.

You don't show your location on your profile, but in Canada and the US Copyright isn't too horrible. And of course make sure your site is your own content to begin with.

To prevent stealing images, some people will use a flash image loader, but this can either be very tedious or expose the image path in the document source.

Also I'm not sure what you were getting at with the PayPal bit. PayPal does payment processing, not copy protection - unless I missed something pretty major...
-Ben

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum